Ever run out of pins on your (Arduino) project?
With this rotary module, you are able to connect a rotary switch to your Arduino with just one analog wire. The module comes pre-soldered, it’s only up to you to decide if you want to solder the (included) Molex header or simply solder wires, this will save precious space on your Arduino.
You simply hook 3V3 (or 5V if your processor runs at 5V) and ground (0V) up to the module, and you can connect the signal wire to an analog Arduino pin. That's all, to use all 12 buttons! Exactly the same, as connecting and using a potentiometer.
There are two rotary switches available. The standard switch is non-continuous and needs to be turned clockwise, and counterclockwise to go back to position one. We also developed a continuous rotary switch which will switch back to position one after a 360-degree turn.
- Taiwan Alpha (Standard version)
- Taiwan Alpha (Continuous version)
- Compactible with Arduino, STM and other microcontrollers
- Easy to use
- Only one-wire needed
- 12 position rotary switch
- Options, one-round and continuous
- 1x Pre-soldered rotary module
- 1x Nut and washer
- 1x 2.54mm 3pin male Molex connector (already soldered)
- 1x 2.54mm 3pin female Molex connector with wire.